2011 Highlights

Friday, April 15, 2011

Ellie Meets Grass

Woohoo! Two posts in one month! I'm on a roll! (That's for you, Grandma and Grandpa=). Here are our random happenings:

First, we had a stake 50's night. Everyone got to dress up in their poodle skirts and leather jackets and come enjoy a diner type dinner (really good hamburgers) plus some dancing. I had to sing in a little doo-wop musical number, and so I made Ellie and I matching skirts. She looked like a sweet little swinger =). And then Eric and I tore up the dance floor! YAY! I must say, dancing with my husband is definitely one of my most favorite things.
Here's our cute little 50's family. They had some fun music from back then. I think I would have liked to eye Eric from across the "soda shop."

And here is Eric modeling his beautiful "Chinese Cut Pineapple." Apparently, this is the common style for displaying pineapple in China. It actually looks really cool. I feel bad cutting into it. But I guess the best remedy for that is...BUY ANOTHER PINEAPPLE! Yum! So good!

And here again is my handsome man. He surprised me one evening home from work with a truly Idaho Falls-ian April rose: an ice sculpture! (Isn't Eric sweet?) Yes, we've had snow on several occasions. It just keeps going and coming, and going and coming. Every time I want to pull out the short sleeves I remind myself of where I live, and by the end of the day when the sunshine has turned to cold I am grateful. Do people really get used to this? Oh well. If that is the price to pay to live in such a great little city/neighborhood, then I will pay it.

And finally...
Ha ha! I can't help but smile when I think about Ellie and our first excursion to the back yard this year. I'm sure she's been carried out there before, but this was the first time she was left to sit in the grass. Those of you with older children probably already know what is coming...SHE HATED IT! And it just made me laugh. Poor girl. She has been looking longingly out the windows the past couple months. Perhaps the grass looks softer from inside the house. Once she felt it for herself however, she was instantly repulsed by so many pokies. (Unfortunately here in our lovely eastern Idaho, the grass is NOT green in April...it's just starting to wake up.) Eventually Ellie started to venture out and Mommy was able to do a little weeding (and wow, did it feel good! I never thought as a little kid that I would grow up to love pulling weeds). It felt SO NICE to be outside! I loved it. Hopefully a green spring is on its way.

2 comments:

Alex and Kimberly Rasmussen said...

I LOVE the outfits!!! SO cute :)-Your grass looks better then ours, and it's been spring here for a few weeks!! You must have the touch :)

Christy said...

You did such a great job on the skirts! You are so talented! My girls didn't like the feel of grass either, and some grass I don't like the feel. The grass in Texas is way different than the grass in Idaho. It's weird and spongy!

Our Fairy Tale

Our Fairy Tale
Happily Ever After Begins Now

How It All Began...

He was a popular swing dancer; she spent her time doing art. Little did they know that a chance meeting in a college racquetball class was only the first of many times their paths would cross. As circumstance would have it, they were only good friends at the beginning. He went his way and she went hers, pushing toward some landmark in the distance, some dream of the future. There was trial and error, success and disappointment, learning and growth. When the dust finally settled they were amazed to find their sights had led them to the same spot. Who can say why the long road or how it all happened? Who can tell if any of the “what ifs” could compare with the present? Or even the future? No one but an all-seeing architect who created the plans long ago. What lies in store for two so heaven-matched? Nothing short of long-awaited hopes coming true and far surpassing expectation.


AMANDA AND ERIC FOREVER!