2011 Highlights

Tuesday, April 5, 2011

1 Year of Ellie-Delight!

Happy birthday, Ellie!!! I know you've heard it time and time again, but seriously, "Where did the time go!?" That was a quick first year, and so full of fun memories. And no doubt, they'll just keep getting better and better.

For Ellie's birthday, we had no major party plans (since this birthday is more exciting for us as parents and she won't remember it anyway, AND because Eric would be in work/school all day) but we did decorate over the weekend and prepare a cake. Unfortunately, she came down with a fever just in time (on Sunday she was super cuddly and mellow and I kept thinking, "Wow, she's being so good! What's wrong?"). We tried to make it as exciting as possible under the circumstances, but she was just not in the mood. After a few days when she was feeling better, I anxiously waited with the video camera for her to cream her face with cake, but once she got the sticky on her fingers...she wasn't too happy. It must be a girl thing. In any case, she at least enjoyed the taste of the cake, and we enjoy the laughter and smiles she brings us every day. She fills our lives with light; I can't imagine how life would be without her! Every day I thank my Heavenly Father for sending us this beautiful little girl and for how she is teaching me to be a better person.


Photos from the wonderful year gone by.

Newborn!

Recently home from the hospital.

Her first ride on a swing.

Being silly.

Ellie in her blessing dress.

Peas! Her favorite.

Our hoppy little bunny for Halloween.

Her silly sniff face in the tub. I LOVE THIS GIRL!

Christmas!

Fell asleep again in the jumper...

This is her practicing "winking."

My little monkey! To her, I think the whole world is a jungle gym. She's so CUTE, and sneaky. She gets in some crazy places...

Daddy and Ellie while listening to Conference. I enjoyed the sweet view =).

Thanks, Grandma and Grandpa Bird, for coming to visit (and fixing EVERYTHING in our house while you were here!). And thanks Grandma and Grandpa Jones for the birthday gifts. =)

4 comments:

Alex and Kimberly Rasmussen said...

Happy Birthday little miss ELLIE!! and wow that year did fly-you need to post more :) I missed 90% of her growing up LOL

Ben and Sabrina said...

Happy Birthday to Ellie! She looks like such a sweet girl. Really like the pictures of the past year. It's amazing how much they grow in just one year!

Amber said...

Wow! I can't believe she's a year already! But then, I guess it would be since you had her and I got married about the same time last year. Happy Birthday, Ellie!!!
p.s. I LOVE the Daddy/daughter conference moment. Absolutely precious!!

Christy said...

She is beautiful! Happy Birthday to her!

Our Fairy Tale

Our Fairy Tale
Happily Ever After Begins Now

How It All Began...

He was a popular swing dancer; she spent her time doing art. Little did they know that a chance meeting in a college racquetball class was only the first of many times their paths would cross. As circumstance would have it, they were only good friends at the beginning. He went his way and she went hers, pushing toward some landmark in the distance, some dream of the future. There was trial and error, success and disappointment, learning and growth. When the dust finally settled they were amazed to find their sights had led them to the same spot. Who can say why the long road or how it all happened? Who can tell if any of the “what ifs” could compare with the present? Or even the future? No one but an all-seeing architect who created the plans long ago. What lies in store for two so heaven-matched? Nothing short of long-awaited hopes coming true and far surpassing expectation.


AMANDA AND ERIC FOREVER!