2011 Highlights

Tuesday, January 5, 2010

Our Snowmen

Here is a funny. It makes me smile more and more whenever I think about it.

Eric, with his cute creative self, made me a surprise last Saturday. We had just received a heap-load of snow and it was everywhere, including our street which by the way doesn't get plowed so the cars struggled a bit. Anyway, we both had to work but Eric arrived home a few hours before I did. While I was away he got busy making some snowmen in the front yard. If you can't tell from the pictures, one is a boy and the other a girl. He, of course, is the boy snowman and you'll notice that on his twiggy little arms are some buff snow "biceps." He also carved a six-pack into his stomach to show what a macho guy he is. The girl snow-woman is me and she had been given a generous amount of snow to her midsection (for "pregnant" - Eric won't let me say "fat"). When I drove up and saw him working on these snow creatures I couldn't help but shake my head and roll my eyes, all while smiling.

But that's not the best part! When I got out of the car and voiced my opinion of our look-alikes he said, "Should we do a c-section?" to which I promptly replied "No!" with a shocked face. I thought he was joking until he started chiseling away at my snow-woman's stomach with the shovel. He had something in there and I couldn't help but be curious. Finally he removed enough snow to show a small cave with a "snow-baby" inside: a mini snowman with three snowballs and stick arms and everything! It caught me by surprise. At first I was just impressed with his creativity, but then a part of me thought how strange it was at the same time. I think I reacted with, "That's sick," and Eric just laughed. Even so, it was kind of cute and silly all at once. Now I just look back and still shake my head and roll my eyes, still smiling. What a funny husband I've caught! He certainly makes me laugh and keeps life exciting.



P.S. - The snowpeople are holding hands if you didn't notice.

6 comments:

Our Family said...

GROSS!! and funny!! Tell Eric he is SO WEIRD!!

Alex and Kimberly Rasmussen said...

I think this is sweet and thoughtful!!! ;)-i am very jealous of your great packing snow-we got 14 inches of snow weeks ago but it is all ice!! Hopefully you won't really have to have a c-section and that baby will be as cute as that little snow one:)-

Amber said...

Thanks so much for posting this so WE can all laugh and roll our eyes at Eric's silliness too. I still say that he makes all other guys look bad by the sweet things he does. :) You're a lucky girl! Hope everything's going well with the pregnancy! :)

Ben and Sabrina said...

Congrats on the girl! We so excited for you guys. And what a creative husband you've got there!

Julie said...

That is funny. :) Very creative, I like it. :)

Christy said...

HOw funny is that!!! You have a great husband there, Amanda! Good luck with everything come April...our twins were born on April 19th! That's a great day!

Our Fairy Tale

Our Fairy Tale
Happily Ever After Begins Now

How It All Began...

He was a popular swing dancer; she spent her time doing art. Little did they know that a chance meeting in a college racquetball class was only the first of many times their paths would cross. As circumstance would have it, they were only good friends at the beginning. He went his way and she went hers, pushing toward some landmark in the distance, some dream of the future. There was trial and error, success and disappointment, learning and growth. When the dust finally settled they were amazed to find their sights had led them to the same spot. Who can say why the long road or how it all happened? Who can tell if any of the “what ifs” could compare with the present? Or even the future? No one but an all-seeing architect who created the plans long ago. What lies in store for two so heaven-matched? Nothing short of long-awaited hopes coming true and far surpassing expectation.


AMANDA AND ERIC FOREVER!