2011 Highlights

Sunday, December 27, 2009

Thank Goodness for Little Girls!

Sorry, I'm a bit slow at getting the info out, and I don't have a great picture yet, but WE ARE HAVING A GIRL! I think 90% of guesses said it was a boy, but the feminine genes have won out. This is a rarity on Eric's side of the family seeing that Eric's dad has 3 brothers, his mom has 3 brothers, Eric has 2 brothers and only one sis, and two nephews. However, on my side of the family, girls seem to be the norm. I have many girl cousins and only sisters. But at any rate, we are both very excited. Eric told me a long time ago that he always thought it would be fun to have a girl first and I guess he got his wish. We have decided to name her Eliora Kristine Jones. Eliora, I think, sounds very pretty though it is not common at all. We thought it would be nice because we could call her Ellie for short. It also means "the Lord is my light" which makes it even nicer. Kristine is my middle name, named after my mother, which will now be passed to her, and then Jones of course comes naturally. Eliora Kristine Jones. I think it sounds lovely, and Eric agreed. She is starting to kick a little more and from the ultrasound 3 weeks ago she looks very healthy and is growing fine. We're just anxious to meet her! I know, we have a ways to go, but still, it's like waiting for a very special Christmas present that takes 9 months to prepare and that there's no way of peeking at until it's born (though I guess you could count the ultrasound as a peek). I wonder what she looks like...what her personality is like...whose facial features she resembles. Only time will tell! 4 months to go!

3 comments:

Pattie D said...

Congrats you two! What a beautiful name with a beautiful meaning all the more special. Enjoy this time, all too soon you will have her home in your arms and will long for a quiet night !
Have a Happy and healthly new year!
hugs
sister clayton

Cassy said...

It is a beautiful name. And she is worth the wait.

Anonymous said...

I LoVe her name first off... and for my first daughter Audree I named her my middle name also... It is very sweet... I spelled hers with a K insted of a C. So her name is Audree Kamille insted of Audree Camille... Mine as you know is Emillee Camille Thomas... Congrats I cant wait to hold her and see her... I will defenently have to make a sweet trip up to Idaho if you don't mind... I would love to come take pictures of you and your cute family.

LoVe you Guys
The Thomas Family

Our Fairy Tale

Our Fairy Tale
Happily Ever After Begins Now

How It All Began...

He was a popular swing dancer; she spent her time doing art. Little did they know that a chance meeting in a college racquetball class was only the first of many times their paths would cross. As circumstance would have it, they were only good friends at the beginning. He went his way and she went hers, pushing toward some landmark in the distance, some dream of the future. There was trial and error, success and disappointment, learning and growth. When the dust finally settled they were amazed to find their sights had led them to the same spot. Who can say why the long road or how it all happened? Who can tell if any of the “what ifs” could compare with the present? Or even the future? No one but an all-seeing architect who created the plans long ago. What lies in store for two so heaven-matched? Nothing short of long-awaited hopes coming true and far surpassing expectation.


AMANDA AND ERIC FOREVER!