2011 Highlights

Monday, February 1, 2010

Last Trimester!



Well, I honestly feel a little uncomfortable with the prego-pictures (not on anyone else - just me), but I did promise Heather I would post a photo, so here I go. We are now entering the final trimester of our pregnancy! The belly is something to get used to, and I know I still have three months to go, but yikes I feel huge already. I love maternity pants because they are so comfy. As far as other clothes go, I've always worn my clothes fairly loose so most have room to stretch.

I love watching when Eliora is in a big kicking mood because my stomach twitches in the weirdest ways and it makes me laugh. How does she even have room to move in there? What is she doing, karate? Sleeping has become a little difficult at times, especially because I love to sleep on my back and that's not really an option anymore. Eric is very good though at tucking me in or giving me a little massage when I need to help me relax.

I took my glucose test last week and it looks like all is well (or at least, they haven't called me so I'm guessing that is a good sign). Our Bradley Method birthing class continues on - once a week - and it has been very educational. We are slowly easing away our fears of the birthing process and gaining confidence in our ability to have a baby without medication. I think it will be a great experience and am praying no unexpected complications arise. I especially look forward to working together with my husband as a TEAM to bring this precious life into the world. I know he will be key to helping me through the whole process; he gives me courage to do it.

And I mustn't forget to mention my Heavenly Father. It is He who gave me this great experience of carrying a special spirit child within me and helping to create a body for her. He has given this blessing to both Eric and I. With all of my excitement, anxiety, anticipation, and worries, I have an increased appreciation for my Father in Heaven, and ALL parents who sacrifice so much on behalf of their children. I hope I can learn to be as they are.


5 comments:

Our Family said...

SO CUTE!!! What a cute prego sister I have!! Thanks for the picture! Your are beautiful, don't you dare deny it! I am so excited for little Ellie to come!! I love you guys!!
~Heather

Christy said...

I am so excited for you!! You look so beautiful Amanda! Can't wait to see pictures of your sweet little girl! The next 2-3 months will go by so fast so take it all in!

Cassy said...

I think you will find that as you have your baby you are inisiated into an elite class of mommys. Everyone will want to share their experience. I had the first two girls as naturally as permitted. It was amazing!! With my last little girl, I ended up having an epideral because I had been in labor for 28 hours and was still not half way. It made such a big difference and wasn't as scary as I thought it would be. And I still was able to feel those amazing parts of birth that I experienced with the first two. I wish you luck with what ever you decide to do. Think about getting a blessing as you go into labor. And best wishes from the Nefs!!

Emillee said...

I LOVE IT.... ThanXs for Sharring Amanda YOu Look Beautiful... I LoVed LOved the Big Belly...
Hang In there Sooner than you know She will be here safe and sound...

Congrats again LoVe the Pictures...
LoVe the Thomas Family

Julie said...

Oh you are so beautiful Amanda-so classy. Thanks for posting pregnancy pictures! Pregnancy is awesome! I wish that I could be there to help you out! When is your due date again? I hope everything continues to go well. Loves!

Our Fairy Tale

Our Fairy Tale
Happily Ever After Begins Now

How It All Began...

He was a popular swing dancer; she spent her time doing art. Little did they know that a chance meeting in a college racquetball class was only the first of many times their paths would cross. As circumstance would have it, they were only good friends at the beginning. He went his way and she went hers, pushing toward some landmark in the distance, some dream of the future. There was trial and error, success and disappointment, learning and growth. When the dust finally settled they were amazed to find their sights had led them to the same spot. Who can say why the long road or how it all happened? Who can tell if any of the “what ifs” could compare with the present? Or even the future? No one but an all-seeing architect who created the plans long ago. What lies in store for two so heaven-matched? Nothing short of long-awaited hopes coming true and far surpassing expectation.


AMANDA AND ERIC FOREVER!