2011 Highlights

Sunday, October 11, 2009

A Bun in the Oven!

Ta dah!!! A miracle is born! Oh wait, I'm getting ahead of myself. A miracle is on the way. Yes, we're having a BABY!!! Can you believe it? I can't believe it! In fact, I almost thought it had to be fake or that my mind was just playing tricks on me until we visited the doctor and had our first ultra sound. It's for real! I was only 10 weeks along then, but still they were able to poke it and we watched it move. It was only about 3 centimeters long then - about the size of a cinnamon bear. Now we're at about 13 weeks (tomorrow) so it should be a bit bigger. My all-day queasiness is finally starting to wear off and food is beginning to be appetizing again. What craziness! My body is going through all these changes, and so are my emotions. But one thing is for sure, and that is that Eric and I are very happy and excited. We look forward to this next step - and challenge! - in our lives and all the responsibilities that come with it. Best of all, my child will have Eric for a daddy, and my daddy for a grandpa! Can it get better than that? Maybe grandma =). Our due date is Aril 19, just a few months after my sister has her second. Our kids will be friends, of course. Now if only we could cut the distance...
On a personal note, I just wanted to say how much I look forward to being a parent. Of course I know kids are A LOT of work (you don't need to be a parent to see that) and I could never count the many sacrifices my own parents made for me, but there is nothing in the world that could be more rewarding. To live your life for someone else, to give everything for them, that is the whole point! That is at the heart of Christlike living and everything that He taught: lose your life to find it. I know there is so much to learn in family living, especially being a parent, and I know children are a great entrustment from Heavenly Father. Thank goodness we have so many good examples to follow. Here's to the best legacy we could ever leave.

Our little cinnamon bear!

Here's our baby with its hand in front of its face. Can you see it?

7 comments:

Christy said...

CONGRATS!!! I am so excited for you! You are going to be the BEST mommy Amanda! Thanks for the update and I hope things continue to go well for you!

Our Family said...

WOOHOO SISTER!! CONGRATS TO YOU!! I am so excited for you and Eric!
~Heather

Cassy said...

Congrats and Yippe! I'm excited for you. My children have brought so much happiness and love into our lives. I know at that stage my little girl looked like a peanut. It will be fun to watch yours grow too. And PS I love the wedding picture. You both look great. I hope life continues blissfully for you! So sorry we weren't able to catch up last time we were out. Maybe next time around.

Amber said...

A BABY!?!?!?! Wow!!!!!!!!!!! That's so wonderful! Congrats! What a lucky kid to have you two as parents!

Alex and Kimberly Rasmussen said...

Amanda-So excited for you!!! I hope you got my message on your phone-Thanks for letting me know-make sure you keep us all posted-I better see every stage of this baby :)

Julie said...

Congrats again! I hope that you are feeling well. I have been wondering how you are doing. Lots of love!

Ben and Sabrina said...

Congradulations! We're so happy for you both! And have to completely agree with you, Children are blessings from heaven and even though they do present some interesting challenges, it's so worth it! We hope the rest of your pregnancy goes well.

Our Fairy Tale

Our Fairy Tale
Happily Ever After Begins Now

How It All Began...

He was a popular swing dancer; she spent her time doing art. Little did they know that a chance meeting in a college racquetball class was only the first of many times their paths would cross. As circumstance would have it, they were only good friends at the beginning. He went his way and she went hers, pushing toward some landmark in the distance, some dream of the future. There was trial and error, success and disappointment, learning and growth. When the dust finally settled they were amazed to find their sights had led them to the same spot. Who can say why the long road or how it all happened? Who can tell if any of the “what ifs” could compare with the present? Or even the future? No one but an all-seeing architect who created the plans long ago. What lies in store for two so heaven-matched? Nothing short of long-awaited hopes coming true and far surpassing expectation.


AMANDA AND ERIC FOREVER!