2011 Highlights

Wednesday, July 1, 2009

McCall Honeymoon

So here are some pics from our McCall Adventure. It was a complete change of climate from St. George so we experienced a good variety.

This is my "Husband" (yes!) on his bike. What a stud! We had to rent bikes instead of having them provided (like in St. George...thanks Scott & Michelle) but they were pretty comfortable. They were called "comfort bikes" with a larger seat and shocks to make for a really smooth ride. The only downside was that there was very little traction. At one spot we were at a steep dirt hill and Eric spent about five minutes getting on and off his bike just to ride it up the hill because the tires kept slipping. Silly boy. He's so determined.

Our bike ride took us up through Ponderosa State Park's wooded trails. It was beautiful. We rode to a lookout point over the lake and really enjoyed the view. On the way back Eric coaxed me into taking an intermediate mountain bike trail. Whew! It was a little rough. The first bit caught me off guard quite a bit with dips, large tree roots, and sharp corners. I fell off several times and almost made Eric crash into me from behind, but we made it through. In fact, once I got used to the trail, it was pretty fun. It was a nice scenery change and made the ride interesting. Eric was right. I should trust his judgement more.

This is us at the lake. One evening we took some icecream sundaes to the dock and watched the sunset (we have a thing for sunsets and cool clouds) with our dessert. The weather was perfect (the mosquitos thought so too). Another thing I loved about McCall was that it wasn't a big town. It was a quiet little mountain town which meant we had the dock to ourselves. It was peaceful. And very romantic =).

Never mind the blurriness of the picture. The point is: we went kayaking!!! It was so fun! It was another one of Eric's great suggestions. I was nervous because I thought they tipped easy, but to my surprise not only was it very stable but much faster than a canoe. We kayaked across the entire lake - 3 miles if I remember correctly and it was a blast. We sang several of our own versions of "Row, Row, Row Your Kayak" (Eric's verses were hilarious) and did some splashing =). One of my favorite things was when the wind stopped and the water was silky smooth. I had to touch it because it looked so nice. We sat for a bit just to look at the water, sitting in the middle of a lake, surrounded by beautiful scenery.
What an artist Heavenly Father is!

This last picture - let me explain. When we got back to the beach, Eric really wanted to take a picture of us in the middle of the water. So he set up the camera on a bobbing dock and pushed us off hoping for the best. I thought it turned out pretty cool despite the blur. It's enough to see what's going on and makes me smile to remember my thoughts, "Please don't let my camera fall in the water!"

Honeymoons rock! We both agree, and decided that we need to go on more. In fact, I think it will be a lifetime pursuit. How does that sound?

2 comments:

Cassy said...

I'm so glad you had fun, and it's fun to hear of your adventures--I will admit, I am anxiously awaiting wedding pictures. PS with bedrest, prolonged stay in the hospital, and then having a preeme, I've kept busy. The wedding present should be on it's way soon.

Our Family said...

YEAH!! I LOVE THE PICTURES AND STORIES!! I would like to hear some of Eric's 'row row row your boat' song. HAHA!!
~Heather

Our Fairy Tale

Our Fairy Tale
Happily Ever After Begins Now

How It All Began...

He was a popular swing dancer; she spent her time doing art. Little did they know that a chance meeting in a college racquetball class was only the first of many times their paths would cross. As circumstance would have it, they were only good friends at the beginning. He went his way and she went hers, pushing toward some landmark in the distance, some dream of the future. There was trial and error, success and disappointment, learning and growth. When the dust finally settled they were amazed to find their sights had led them to the same spot. Who can say why the long road or how it all happened? Who can tell if any of the “what ifs” could compare with the present? Or even the future? No one but an all-seeing architect who created the plans long ago. What lies in store for two so heaven-matched? Nothing short of long-awaited hopes coming true and far surpassing expectation.


AMANDA AND ERIC FOREVER!