2011 Highlights

Thursday, January 22, 2009

Merry Christmas! (A Little Late...)






Merry Christmas!  Or at least, we hope it was for you.  As for us, we had a great one this last year (that makes it sound so long ago, but it was less than a month).  We spent the holiday in Boise with my family doing crazy things like making gingerbread houses, braving icy roadways for skating on more ice, building a tiny snowman of un-packable snow, games and movies and sweet goodies, and best of all just being together.  On Christmas morning Eric surprised me with the biggest stocking of my life, and HE WAS IN IT!  It turns out that he was sleeping under the Christmas tree the whole night waiting for my appearance.  When I found him in his very red sleeping bag, he popped his head out shouting "Merry Christmas!" and handed me a box of chocolates.  It was so cute!  He always has a sweet surprise to make me smile.  How lucky I am!!!  Anyway, before we knew it the week was up.  The time passed so quickly we barely noticed.  All I have to say is that my family is amazing and I am so grateful Eric is joining as a permanent addition!!!  =)  Life is sweet.

4 comments:

Cassy said...

You know, Eric helped me build my first snowman in collage. We usually don't get much snow here. Although we made up for it this year and had a ton, but ours was not good for packing either. But Karla, my 3 year old, thought sledding was the best thing that had happened to her. I am glad you had a great week. And I hope that 2009 is better than anything before it!!

Christy said...

So cute!!! How funny that he slept in that huge stocking all night! You guys are the cutest couple ever. Love it!

Alex and Kimberly Rasmussen said...

I am glad you got to spend time with your family and your sweetie! I love the stocking what a creative boy :)-I am jelous of the snow-at least you could build a little one :)-How are the wedding plans ??

Our Family said...

WOW, you updated your blog!! AMAZING!! "Wonder of wonder, miracle of miracles..."!! Ha HA!! I love you two!!

Our Fairy Tale

Our Fairy Tale
Happily Ever After Begins Now

How It All Began...

He was a popular swing dancer; she spent her time doing art. Little did they know that a chance meeting in a college racquetball class was only the first of many times their paths would cross. As circumstance would have it, they were only good friends at the beginning. He went his way and she went hers, pushing toward some landmark in the distance, some dream of the future. There was trial and error, success and disappointment, learning and growth. When the dust finally settled they were amazed to find their sights had led them to the same spot. Who can say why the long road or how it all happened? Who can tell if any of the “what ifs” could compare with the present? Or even the future? No one but an all-seeing architect who created the plans long ago. What lies in store for two so heaven-matched? Nothing short of long-awaited hopes coming true and far surpassing expectation.


AMANDA AND ERIC FOREVER!