2011 Highlights

Monday, November 8, 2010

Halloween Happenings and More

Don't mind me and my two-month posting span...that's just how I roll.

So that means I get to catch up. Hmmm... Well,

Halloween was a quick blur. We made it back from a Boise/Oregon trip just in time to drive in to trunk-or-treat. We HAD to go because that was Ellie's big chance to display her costume (since door-to-door isn't quite in our bag of tricks yet). She looked so cute as a little bunny, and with how bouncy she is it fit her personality perfectly. We got a pretty fair amount of trick-or-treaters the next day, and I think Eric learned NOT to tell the kids it's okay to take a handful of candy, especially when they are boys... I think it will be fun when we get to take Ellie out, but we had fun at home doing our own Halloween stuff. Eric carved his "pumpkin" (one of the poor little sprouts from our garden that didn't get a chance to grow much since frost killed the plant early) just in the nick of time and had it frothing dry ice on the front porch. Woo. That's about the extent of my Halloween-ness.




Even better is this video of Ellie giggling over my silly weirdness. Please, PLEASE, ignore that annoying black cat lady in the video. I post this only for the adorable sweetness of the babe. In fact, it is so cute, it had me laughing and crying because I love it so much! I just wish I could get her to laugh like this more often. It tickles my heart! Am I biased? Nah. Take a peek for yourself.


While in Boise enjoying Grandma and Grandpa's company (my parents) we took the time to visit one of my favorite parks: Kathryn Albertson Park. I love how picturesque this park is. It was perfect for a fall family stroll with so many beautiful colors. Ellie seemed quite content and occupied with the view, even with the chill in the air (is it really time for COLD again already?). We loved it. I think Eric became a fan as well.





As for further September events, Ellie was finally blessed and Eric did a beautiful job giving the blessing. Plus Grandma bought her the prettiest dress and she really did look like a "princess." We especially loved having so many family members attend from various places. All of my sisters were there, even Celeste who flew in by surprise with my recently delivered niece: Braelyn. We are so grateful to have a family who supports us so much. You guys are the BEST!

And here is a picture I LOVE: Ellie's first bad hair day. Actually, it looks far more "cute" than "bad," and with those big eyes of hers I crack up every time I see this picture. How did I get so lucky to have such a cute Bed-Head?

In September Ellie also began eating...BABY FOOD...wooh! That has been a fun experience (except in the diaper). This is a picture of one of her favorite vegetables: peas! "More peas, peas!" Love this grin. Man that girl keeps us smiling!

And to top off September's events, Daddy (Eric) celebrated his 30th birthday! Yay!!! He was so excited to finally hit the big three-oh. Super thrilled. Yep. We kept it pretty low key at home with cake and games, and then on Sunday (the actual day of his birthday) Ellie helped him open presents. She liked helping so much, we are considering just getting her a box with a lot of wrapping paper for Christmas...

2 comments:

Our Family said...

HOW CUTE!! I love the video!! HAHA!! What a nice cat person you are...and Ellie of course is ADORABLE!! Love you guys!! :)
~Heather

Julie said...

Love it. Elli is a doll!!! She looks so much like her daddy. We would love to meet your cute little one :) if we can this Thanksgiving. :) She sure did look like a princess in her blessing dress.

Our Fairy Tale

Our Fairy Tale
Happily Ever After Begins Now

How It All Began...

He was a popular swing dancer; she spent her time doing art. Little did they know that a chance meeting in a college racquetball class was only the first of many times their paths would cross. As circumstance would have it, they were only good friends at the beginning. He went his way and she went hers, pushing toward some landmark in the distance, some dream of the future. There was trial and error, success and disappointment, learning and growth. When the dust finally settled they were amazed to find their sights had led them to the same spot. Who can say why the long road or how it all happened? Who can tell if any of the “what ifs” could compare with the present? Or even the future? No one but an all-seeing architect who created the plans long ago. What lies in store for two so heaven-matched? Nothing short of long-awaited hopes coming true and far surpassing expectation.


AMANDA AND ERIC FOREVER!