2011 Highlights

Friday, June 18, 2010

Thoughts of Randomness

It has been a while since I posted anything. It seems all my time goes to taking care of Eliora, and then if I get any brief break, I use it to clean my living room which is a disaster of exploding memory boxes, pictures, and old school reports from both Eric and I which I am trying to sort through. I don't think I realized how long this project would take when only done in 10-20 minute intervals. And no, I won't be posting any pictures of it because it's HIDEOUS.

But let me move on. Blogging has taken a backseat for a bit and now I need to catch up. Ellie is a Smiler now!!! Yay! And her mommy loves it. Of course, she has to be in a pretty content mood, but that's not too difficult. She is also good at "talking" with little sing-song notes that are adorable and seems to love the sound of her own voice (as do we).

And here is a picture of the cute little princess taking a bath. I love her tiny, soft, baby body and watching her try to figure out how to move those little legs and arms. She has grown to love the bath and can kick up a puddle if you don't watch out! Daddy is also fun to watch bathing Ellie because he is so meticulous. And she sure smells sweet when he's finished!

Next we move on to a subject I'm not so thrilled about. Can you see it in the picture? I know it's small but the fact that you can see it at all attests to its size.
SPIDERS!!! I could have put my hand next to it for size comparison...YAH RIGHT! This is the famous eastern Idaho brand of "hobo spider." They're big and poisonous, and this is they're most active time of year. I hate them! I don't mind so much when I find them outside in "wild nature," but when I find them in my house, then they are in MY territory and have got to go. And of course being the ferocious warrior woman I am, I send Eric to take care of it =).

This next sad picture is a great illustration of my shopping experience about a month ago. Ellie and I went to get our weekly groceries and about halfway through she began to fuss. It got bad enough that I had to take her out of the car seat and hold her to prevent a major disturbance in the store. Things calmed a bit, but she really wanted to be bounced in my arms and that requires two hands. So shopping was longer, soon she wanted to eat, I struggled to balance my floppy infant while pushing a grocery cart, and even putting items into the cart was a challenge (forget bagging vegetables!). Bah! By the time I finally reached the checkout we were both VERY ready to leave. Fortunately, a very kind woman who had talked to me earlier in the store was there to help me get all the groceries out of the cart and bag them. It was a simple gesture of kindness that was so meaningful in my moment of frustration. Her example made me want to reach out more to others and follow the Spirit's nudges for good. How grateful I am for a Heavenly Father who is aware of us, and sends others to help! And for those willing to listen when he sends =).

Finally, I write of an exciting event last month that came much sooner than expected: our first wedding anniversary! Yay! Eric and I both agree that it passed MUCH faster than those months leading up to getting married. Time seems to have flown! And yet, haven't we always been together? We spent the evening at home but dressed up for a candlelit dinner in the kitchen. We took a bite of our wedding cake top as tradition requires, and regretted not having eaten more of it last year when it still tasted like cake and not freezer (good thing we had a backup dessert). And finally to top off our romantic evening we had a slow dance. Of course, Ellie was fully awake and so she joined in too. It was a joyful event for the whole family =). I'm so grateful for the kind man who became my husband, and for the precious daughter we were able to bring into the world because of our union. I LOVE BEING MARRIED!
(Thank you, Eric)

6 comments:

Alex and Kimberly Rasmussen said...

COngrats on your one year anniversary-may many more happy years follow!!-I glad your enjoying your sweet little babe!!

Pattie D said...

Awwww she is a sweetie! Congrats...I agree has it really been a year!

And about that spider....yeck, yea, they have to go....I found a scorpion in our room the other night, I am still have nightmares about it! Bugs are for the outdoors....glad you agree Amanda!

Emillee said...

Ah Sweetie... I love reading your blogs and look forward to seeing that beautiful little baby Daughter of yours Elli I LoVe the name Truely fits her... I love your writting to along with your blogs... You make them fun to Read... Hmmmm Maybe that is why were family... We got great imaginations and a special way to describe it... Take Care you two LoVe birds and Mommy & Daddy...

Christy said...

awww...what a sweet post. ALL of it! The story of the woman helping you in the store, your beautiful baby girl, the anniversary dinner date(Happy Anniversary!) And the spider! Yikes! So where are you guys living?? Idaho Falls? We aren't too far away!

Ben and Sabrina said...

I understand completely about the spider. I"ll tell you what though, now that I have kids, i have never thought such viloent thoughts as I do now, now that I have kids. If any bug puts one little tentacle on my children, I'm going to open a can!
Anyway, I appreciated your story of teh woman helping you in the grocery store. People have helped me too when I needed it most.
Happy Aniversary!

Julie said...

That is great! One year! My how time flies and it goes faster and faster the more members of the family that you have. :) I love you anniversary celebration. That is so sweet. :) Elinora is so sweet. I love it. Loves all the way from Kentucky. :)

Our Fairy Tale

Our Fairy Tale
Happily Ever After Begins Now

How It All Began...

He was a popular swing dancer; she spent her time doing art. Little did they know that a chance meeting in a college racquetball class was only the first of many times their paths would cross. As circumstance would have it, they were only good friends at the beginning. He went his way and she went hers, pushing toward some landmark in the distance, some dream of the future. There was trial and error, success and disappointment, learning and growth. When the dust finally settled they were amazed to find their sights had led them to the same spot. Who can say why the long road or how it all happened? Who can tell if any of the “what ifs” could compare with the present? Or even the future? No one but an all-seeing architect who created the plans long ago. What lies in store for two so heaven-matched? Nothing short of long-awaited hopes coming true and far surpassing expectation.


AMANDA AND ERIC FOREVER!